Below is how I changed up the Froggy Shromper (for Project Run and Play) from boy’s styling to girl’s.
First a few pics of the boy’s styling since it is technically still Boy’s Week.
Now that Bean has so many teeth, she has started doing this cheesey toothy grin that looks hilarious. I love it. Her hair is also growing like crazy and sticks up every which way, hehe.
As far as any other detailing, it should be noted that I used a snappy crotch for the inner leg seam and inside each leg hem is elastic which pokes out underneath through eyelets. I then use these along with a cute little flower I crocheted lickity split to transform the shromper for a girl.
You can see in the above picture how the elastic comes out of the right side eyelet and then gets buttoned to the left side button in order to pull some tension on the elastic in the hem and create some rouching. For the boy’s styling, the elastic simply buttons on it’s own side (ie the elastic coming out of the right eyelet wraps around the right button). This little bit of tension is enough to make a difference in the leg hems. I think it’s really cute when a shromper bubbles above the knee. Pair with some tights (couldn’t find them since our trip!) or leggings and attach the flower to the button on the back of the shromper and voila! Girl!
It’s subtle, but really makes a difference when it’s on. I think with tights it’d be even cuter. If I can ever locate Bean’s cute pale pink ones I’ll snap a pic and you’ll see, hehe.
But for now:
I am not kidding when I say it’s nearly impossible to get pics of her these days. These ones don’t do the transformation justice, but I must say they’re pretty cute all the same, hehe.
If anyone’s interested in seeing more pics or hearing more about the construction of the froggy shromper just leave a comment and let me know!
**Update** I forgot to mention that I used this pattern which I found on Pinterest for the flower.